- Those who followed Saul were killed. Followers experience the defeat of flawed leadership. How has this affected you in the past?
Thursday, June 30, 2016
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
- Success can lead to greed. When you have been successful what have you done to give God the glory?
- Saul was told to destroy the Amalekites and he did not. What issues are you dealing with today that are the result of past sins? Ask God to use these old mistakes to keep you close to him.
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
- David was dealing with people who seemed to just not “get it.” How do you deal with people in your life who don’t “get it,” in a way that reflects your commitment to Christ?
- Think of the last time you were disappointed. Would God say that your response pleased Him?
Monday, June 27, 2016
Sunday, June 26, 2016
- David was desperate to escape from Saul. What was missing from David's decision making process when he decided to flee to the land of the Philistines? Compare 1 Sam. 23:2-5, 9-12.
- To survive and provide for their families David and his men became a murdering horde and wiped out entire villages. Then they lied about where they had been. God had previously passed judgment on these people (1 Sam. 15:2-3 and Joshua 13:1-2) but he hadn't told David to carry it out. Where do you turn when you are desperate? Have you compromised your values in a time of intense stress?